An emergency winter car kit can be a lifesaver when things go wrong away from home. I always stock some basic essentials (you can find my standard car kit details HERE), but the winter months call for some extra reinforcements. When the snow begins to fall make sure to add these 10 things to your lineup and never get caught unprepared again.
- Blanket to keep warm if stopped on the side of the road.
- Flashlight (check that is works!) for emergencies in the dark.
- Extra Batteries to power up devices to call for help or replacements for the flashlight.
- Winter Hat to keep warm in low temperatures.
- Gloves for clearing windshields or leaving the car for help.
- Hand Warmers add an extra layer of warmth in emergencies.
- Non-perishable Snacks (nuts, granola bars, dried fruit, etc.) if you are stuck or awaiting help.
- Ice scraper/brush to clean off windows after winter precipitation.
- Windshield Cleaner to clear heavy dirt and grime for added visibility.
- Bag of sand or non-clumping cat litter for added traction if you get stuck.
Stock up on more items if you live in locations prone to more extreme weather or when taking a longer road trip. Safe winter travels!
For your pinning pleasure: