It’s been a minute since we did a themed movie night so I decided to dust off an 80’s classic for the kids. Introducing the Troop Beverly Hills family movie night. I mean, who doesn’t love vintage Shelley Long? I do have to note though that there were several sh*! bombs dropped during the movie I had forgotten about. So if language is a concern consider yourself warned!
When we do family movie nights I turn into Pinterest mom and serve movie-inspired food. So for this menu think camping food, but make it fancy. Here’s what we had:
- Hotdogs (served on pink paper trays – DIY instructions below)
- Fruit tray with melon cut using flower cookie cutters and filled in with other seasonal fruit
- Crudite (because Phyllis Nefler would never serve just veggies and dip)
- Pink Punch made with Sprite, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice
- S’mores dip (I used this recipe)
There may not have been caviar (because ewww) but what we lacked in expensive appetizers we made up in presentation. These hot dog trays were super easy to make and turn an ordinary hotdog into something a little bit fancier. To make your own:
- Select a craft paper or cardstock (I recommend a thicker paper)
- Trim the paper to 7×9 inches
- Make 2 inch folds along 3 edges
- After folding there will be two smaller squares on the corners, make cuts along one edge of each square
- Trim a triangle off the top edge of each of the small squares so when folded together there is no excess overlap
- Assemble the trays using hot glue
Want more ideas? Check out our Moana themed family movie night.
For your pinning pleasure: