Ready to organize a counter depth fridge but wondering where to start? We recently purchased a counter depth fridge in preparation for an entire kitchen remodel (stay tuned!). I love the look of the narrower profile but there is a noticeable difference in storage space. It’s definitely not for everyone, but will work with our family’s shopping/eating habits and some well placed products to keep it organized. Every fridge is different so it’s important to note that we went with the Cafe brand french door style.
There are really 3 main habits that make our household of 6 compatible with a counter depth fridge. To start, we meal plan and grocery shop for one week at a time. This reduces waste and saves on space. Then, most of our meals have minimal leftovers which we also purge weekly along with anything else that is past the freshness date.
Ready to maximize your smaller space? Here’s what I used to organize a counter depth fridge.
Not all products marketed for fridge organization will work for the counter depth size so it is important to measure before buying! In fact, none of my previous organizers from our full-sized fridge could be reused here. Shop the items by clicking on the pictures below. When purchasing through an affiliate link you don’t pay a cent more, it just means I earn a small commission. Thank you!
- 12 Egg Holder
- Clear Shelf Bins – I used one for dinner items (keeps any thawing meat juices contained and easier to clean) and another for smaller items like yogurt and dips.
- Produce Bins – These bins have a removable strainer bin inside and are large enough to hold an entire bag of grapes.
- Turntable – Keep all of your bottles contained and easy to reach.
- Deli Drawer Bins
- Food Storage Containers – These are my favorite for leftovers.
- Large Freezer Bins (Tall size) – I used 2 in the top drawer and 2 in the larger bottom drawer. The bottom drawer was the most challenging as the flat surface was quite small, so these sit at an angle but help keep everything in order.
- Small Freezer Bins (Small Deep size) – I used 2 in the top drawer in order to unbox items but still keep them contained.
After you organize a counter depth fridge, be sure to check out this post on creating a fresh and organized pantry and grab an annual meal planner from the shop!
For your pinning pleasure: